March 9, 2012

O' Canada


Home of some of my favorite Canadians…I won’t name names but YOU know who YOU are. Wow the things and places and peoples and music and on and on y’all have there. Amazing! And I found this simple Rock, yes a rock {insert smile} you’ll read about the maker and where it is on the postcard in a minute {please wait a minute}

Soooo cool I want to touch it! Anyways my imagination found it great fun to think about this Rock.

Postcard #10 is from Liz to Allen – Canada :  sculpted from Paper Clay, painted with a sandstone gray acrylic, applied a pale blue stamped tissue on top; Background is Prisma pencils



It reads:

Dear Allen, sorry about flying off the handle. It was very childish of me.  R.H. told me of your distress over… well lets drop all that.
Have you heard of Bill Vazan & his Story Rock at the Musée de Plein Air de Lachine, a park in Canada? You know my story, but I don’t know yours …
                                    All my Best
                                                Liz



Whoa, can you imagine, a rock that can tell stories… really can you imagine? …
What if it could “record” your story … WoW I know! What would it tell? What would you Want it to tell?



Close UP

Please drop by Darcy’s at Art & Sole to visit my fellow travelers on this week’s Canada trip… you’re gonna love what you see there. I sure do like working with a 3D sort of format on these Postcards. 

For Prior Postcard between Liz & Allen clicky click here.

Happy Arting y’all

17 comments:

Gina said...

That's a fabulous piece of work! Looks like a giant fossil :D I would stroke it all day...I want it in my garden ....:D XXX

abby j said...

Great work...both art and writing...great imagination!! Love it!!

Hugs,
Abby

San @ Made in Hem said...

When Gina is done with it, can I have it in my garden for a while? It was the first thing I thought...
Your drawing is very impressive!!! ♥

Janet said...

A lovely tactile postcard! I agree, a great garden ornament - do you make them bigger? (only joking!)

Janet xx

Glenys said...

Great work!

Leialoha said...

Just loving Bill's story rock, the colors/dimension...
definitely a lot of juicy stories to tell...in Hawai'i we call this a kupukupu design...spirals are very magical and found a lot in the natural world. aloha.

Joanna said...

Never heard of a story rock before. Interesting postcard.

mags21 said...

a very interesting and different postcard..thanks for the story never heard of it before.

Valerie-Jael said...

I am in love with your rocky card - it ROCKS!!! Valerie

Alison xx said...

I love your rock, the texture looks amazing. A xx

Cynthia said...

Lovely rock and texture. Gotta love a talking rock and it is only fair since I talk to rocks often.

kathleen said...

It's a lovely rock and it makes me wish I could reach out and touch it. Interesting!

K.M.Myers said...

I love food art...thank you for the inspiration :)

Margaret said...

Inspired idea for your postcard! I love it! Great texture you've created and really interesting to read about your technique: M

Šolanje na domu-Waldorf said...

Wow! You really went all out on this postcard. :) LOve it!

serendipity said...

Great piece of work
jan

Jen said...

Great texture what a neat idea.
Jen x

Related Posts with Thumbnails