February 6, 2014

Tell me

how y’all Can’t paint a face – Can’t draw a face! !um I bet cya can!

This is a follow up to Face #4 (on the tag) I did for a challenge over on PaperArtsy. The guest Artist was Clare Lloyd and she shared a neat and I found VERY FUN way to do Whimsy Faces. And I, yes I Double Dog Dare ya to go take a look at her “Anybody”method!!!

Here is my beginnings


And here are my finished faces {#7 & 8} They are happily planted on Tags.


They are done the same way, from the exact same template (self-made stencil) Yet they look fairly different. This was accomplished by a few minor changes in the mouth, eyes and position / angle of the head. I have kept the positive negative cut out portion of the neck/shoulders and head. I can use them to trace out tops and maybe hats {if I were to get funky with it}

Again this IS a VERY Fun and Easy Easy way to get a finished face. Thanks Clare for sharing this tech and thanks PaperArtsy for having her over.

Happy Art’ing Y’all

7 comments:

Dana said...

WOW!!! Love them both! I'll have to pop over to PA, I somehow missed that post. (love the font'age too!!) See, it wasn't a totally wasted afternoon ;P

massofhair said...

Loving your twin Tags, both are beautiful with fantastic colours & textures. Great sentiments.

You have done a stunning job with the Clare Project, looking forward to more of your faces :-) xxx

Annette McCarty said...

I luv this sooo much! I am gonna go there, learn how to do it and say yiu inspired me ...ummm cause you did! (((hugs))))

Sherry said...

Your faces are beautiful and the finished tags look wonderful x

Clare Lloyd said...

Wonderful. So glad you gave the technique a go. Good luck in the challenge @ PaperArtsy.

Alison said...

They both look amazing Jamie! x

Ileana said...

I love the idea of the tags. Great work!

Related Posts with Thumbnails