April 17, 2014

Windy Dar

or is that Dar has wind???

Ok, ok so I was “trying” to be funny . . . did it work? Did ya at least giggle? So ah yeah, this week’s ArteDar work was – something Wind. Wind, I don’t have to tell ya is an abstract word, I mean we all know what it is, yet it is nothing. . . errr I mean yes it is . . . wait a minute

A funny thing just popped in my head, no not lol funny but hum that’s interesting funny*.  Wind is invisible yet we see what it does – fluttering tree leaves, blowing sand, making flags wave and ooo the laundry on the line. Ya can’t touch wind, but you can feel it. So ummm yeah sort of a concept / abstract yet it’s real at the same time.

Ok on with the Dar work, I did a journal’age page. The background is a few layers of gesso through a stencil, then a wash (pale blue - baby even), then some stamp’age with blue ink and another wash (same color) then stamped again with same blue; then stamped with gesso – same stamp each time. I liked it so I called it done.

I’ve been in a workshop and one of the lessons was to draw an upturned face. CryKey (however it’s spelled) not so easy and she is not that “great” but I like her and think she is purdy good for my very first ever UP Turned face – nostrils and all (don't drown in the rain). I got her all painted up, cut her out. A chore because I just had to have wanted free flowing hair in the breeze / wind thing going on.

Glued that face on my background, printed out my poem’age, glued those words down and then I added (you can’t tell) some sparkly Startdust Gelly Roll pen to the background (wind like)


Did I mention that Dar thinks I picked this theme, but really I didn’t, nope, she mentioned Wind last week and that’s what I said . And speaking of telling ya so. . . Ya know *funny thing I mentioned above (pun) about God, ya can’t really see Him/Her (your preference for gender not that God has one (and not that it matters)) but you see the evidence of His/Her work, sort of like the wind thing, get it? {wink}


 ps whip it- whip it good, in reference to the WIND whipping her hair around and junk.


Happy Art’ing Y’all

2 comments:

Carol B. said...

You always make me smile Jamie'age. Great job.

ArteDar said...

you r amazing Jamie. I love how you push yourself and get things done. everything about this post, idea, and completion is worthy and entertaining. TY dear one! LOVE IT and U

Related Posts with Thumbnails