August 7, 2013

Gelli 'ing and Carve 'ing

Yep I got that stamp carving bug and did a couple of ‘em. Only showing y’all one here {well I need to save something for surprise} I call her The Feminine. She was inspired by a little poem I wrote last month, by the same name even. And because I got my Gelli on recently I had an idea to combine them. . . not for a card or a journal in this case but for Tag’age. Like I said in my last post here, I was able to get some gelli prints pulled on card stock. After making 13 greeting cards I thought - humm I have these loverly doubled sided pulls and that’s where the Tags come in.



I used the top off of a ToGo food box to mark the Gelli Plate.
{makes me happy la la la}

I pulled my prints on regular card stock 8 ½ x 11”. I cut them in half lengthwise, trimmed the edges so they measure 3 ½”. Well I have to have them fit in regular letter size envelopes ya know. I folded the bottom up for the same reason. Used my fancy smanchy hand carved stamp, cut around her, glued her to a bit of colored card stock before gluing her on the tag. Printed out my poem and glued that inside. Of course I added ribbon’age. The back has a short greeting and my info, sort of like you would put on an ATC. . .

Hummmm ATCs well maybe some another time



Happy Art’ing Y’all

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails