January 28, 2014

Bluebirds

Brought Project #9 for CreativeJumpStart2014 and the sponsor Cocoa Daisy challenge. Yes this is prolly another long winded post But hey if ya wanta know how I did it you will just have to read it {not sorry} IF you dare not know how I did it then just look at the pictures {but still leave comment love}. I used household items


Background white card stock, used a popsicle craft stick to smear on some white gesso, dried then carded {room keyed} on pretty pink, dried, carded on some tan, then splated on some clear gesso and used the craft stick again, dried…


I got out a fancy scrapbook paper thing that is like a stencil {what I use it for} I brushed on red and right away laid the fancy paper stencil down and wiped it with a baby wipe to remove some of the red. Yummy 


so then I added a stamped flourish in sepia ink. Once that was dry I put a dob of white gesso on my pallet  coffee can lid, dipped a bead necklace in the gesso and dangled that on and off my background. Very fun and not too terribly messy. When that was dry I cut the background into 4 x 6” pieces {postcard size}.


I took corrugated box, die cut hearts from it, tore around the heart and pealed some of the paper off. Next I used the back of a scrapbook stack {like cereal box} cut it down so I could dry emboss it before I die cut a little bird. Next I painted the bird with blue, used my finger to rub on a tiny bit of white gesso. I printed out my sentiment, cut those out. Inked the edges in black. . .


To reinforce the postcards I added pink cardstock to the backs and used a Postcard stamp to fancy 'em up. {um they are postcards ya know}. Next I glued on the embellishments (heart, bird, sentiment). And then I added a shadow line inside the heart and around the bottom of the bird. Finally I took a photo of a finished Postcard and really now finally – Finally doing this post so I can tell y’all about CJST2014 and sponsor COCOA DAISY.

ps put a drop of black stickles in the eye hole socket.


Happy Art’ing Y’all

5 comments:

Carol B. said...

Hey Jamie, Love the postcard. Would never have thought to use beads to add paint.

MaRyKaY said...

Gorgeous. I too love the bead and paint idea. Im gonna have to give that a try for sure. Thanks

MaRyKaY said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Cuchy said...

Great use of the techniques. Love the background

mandysea said...

What a great idea using the beads...that's a cool addition!
Love the heart..

Related Posts with Thumbnails