January 27, 2014

We Circle

Yep this is another CreativeJumpStart2014 project and sponsor challenge Tonic Studios. I used household items and a technique shown by Samie Harding for this Project #8 and it was a few days in coming. 

I was inspired by the journal spreads shared on Donna Downeys blog from week 1 of her 48 weeks workshop. Yeah liking the bricks… so I took a leftover strip of watercolor paper, used WC crayons, then dry embossed with a brick folder, went over the strip with white gesso and then with a bit more red and black WC crayon. Dry embossed again to get more of a haphazard brick thing going on. This strip sat on my side bar for a day or so.

Meanwhile I wanted to do something for a CJS2014 using cardboard, so I grabbed an empty zip lock bag corrugated box {bulk buy} and trimmed it down so I could die cut the Townscape on the Edge (TimHoltz). And then thought ‘Now what?’ so I tossed them aside, they ended up near the above Brick strip.

And I made a couple of other projects here and here and all of a sudden the light bulb twinkled and I knew I wanted to try Samie Harding’s Transparencies & Painted circles from Jan 22nd. {cause maybe} 

OOOOO my head goes ‘where’s the strip o’brick & those townscape houses?’ {found} I trimmed them to 3 ½ x 2 ½ “ ATC size.


I have a stash of pre-cut packaging that I use to reinforce my ATCs, so I glued them onto the brick fronts and went ahead and glued on my printed ATC backs {cause peoples need to know who made ‘em}. While those were drying . . .


I found some plastic from discarded packaging; on one I used a black sharpie to make a swirl before I painted it. On all except one color I used my fingers {WEEEE finger painting}. Oh and one is really a piece of leftover scrapbook paper {the yellow ‘un} I sat those aside and broke out a little pocket dictionary, and cut out some choice definitions.


By this time my painted plastic was dry so I cut out my circles of various sizes and um yeah most some are not so “circle”. I layered my fancy Samie Circles, some shinny side up some not. I thick tacky glued them onto the brick ATC backgrounds, added my dictionary papers and Bam Ah Lam Ah Voila!

Project #8 for CJS2014 sponsor Tonic Studio challenge is done! Can we say love {LOVE}

ps my friend “Vicki” picked the Front for the zip lock box Townscape houses. LoL I simply tweeted, ‘Front R Back’ , and she said Front. ^5 for “Vicki”



Happy Art’ing Y’all

5 comments:

Dana said...

YES we can say {LOVE}!!! Very cute and ^5 Vicki for helping you pick a side. (we got your back gurl!!) xoxo

happyDiane said...

now those are CUTE!! I really like the houses down with the front of the box, you and Vicki are clever!!!
;-)

Suzanne said...

Just saw this on the CJS site! Love the colors of the circles, and everything else about them too actually ;)

Cuchy said...

colourful and very creative. Love it.
Thank you for sharing

sara j said...

Perfect use of those very cool transparent circles...which after all were pretty darn cool. These are great little works of art. love 'em!

Related Posts with Thumbnails