March 31, 2016

Creative Circle

That’s the Wednesday group I go to at the Gallery at the Madeley Building, home of the Conroe Art League. Last month (Feb / March) we played around with different types of clay and made silicone molds. It has been fun, but I have have been busy and not able to finish my clay tile projects. I have finished a Tool Can you may watch the video here, and the Silicone Mold process video can be found here.

But onto our last #CreativeCircle at #GalleryAtTheMadeley, we painted on rocks. Yes it’s all the rage again LoL. I’m pretty happy with the way mine came out . . .


She is titled - Rock'n the Joy



She is done with acrylic paints, got a wash of iridescent medium and has been varnished. No I don’t know what I’m going to do with it, she is as big as my hand and heavy (but not my brother) . . . will I do others you may ask . . . I don’t know, but I have a few little stones just in case I want to.

The main thing, for me, about this Creative Circle is that I’m getting out of my studio to actually ART LIVE with other LIVE people. It gives me the opportunity not only to maybe learn something but to teach some of what I know (?who knew I knew it?) . . . even if I’m not totally interested in doing the chosen activity . . . just saying because I’m honest that way.

ps this is the group formerly known as Where Art & Words Meet, so that’s the tag I’m still going to use, cause I feel like it . . . it’s my blog ya know.


Happy Art’ing Y’all

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails